Digger's Plans

Home Forums Motorcycle Talk Digger's Plans

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Diggerfdf
    Participant

As I said, I changed my mind about my starting point. Down here, we brazilians have just two types of terrain to ride. The Green/Brown off road and the Gray off Road.

When I saw master Cruza’s videos complaining about the streets in Ohio, I didn’t believe. Dude, that is a paradise comparing with the conditions of roads around here. So, I changed my mind.

I was getting a BMW s1000 rr. No, it will be destroyed at the first corner.

I live “in the Woods”. In a small city near São Paulo. There are a lot of trails, and some dudes from the Jeep Club and Motorcycle trail riders around here. So, I changed my Opinion too.

I will follow Master Cruza’s advice and, I decided to start into a Honda CRF 250F Dirt Bike, or a XRE 300 Dual Sport. No electronics, Just ABS with the XRE. I’m a HUGE HONDA Bike WHORE! I love them! The XRE has the Honda expertise to the most!!! It’s engine is a DUAL FUEL like the cars around here. You can fill it with any proportion of GASOLINE or ETHANOL! First company to bring “FLEX” engines to motorcycles…

Around here we have just two seasons. At Summer we have around 95 to 100F with Heavy rain, sometimes for a few days in a row, and the Winter with temperatures at 36 TOPS, and with, sometimes, a very annoying spray like rain. Ride in rain is a skill that you must develop around here. Spring is hot with less rain. Autumn is a real pain in the ass because you have the Four seasons in 8 hours. Rain, Heat, Cold, Heat, Rain… I need to learn how to ride in rain.

This is my starting point. I will not sell this bike, I will go to a top class technical motorcycle mechanic course, and I will use this bike to get knowledge. The CRF 250F with a Mix terrain tires will be the ideal bike to “everything” The XRE comes with mixed terrain tires. Next step, probably a BMW F800GS, the best sold BMW in Brazil. And Guess What!? Since it’s assembled here, not imported, its only a 1000.00 Brazilian reais more then a Brand NEW CBR 600 DOUBLE ARRRRRRRRRR with ABS. Just remember that Japanese Sport Bikes are forbidden around here and we are Game. An F800 GS, Camping gear, and I will probably go visit Master Cruza’s in Ohio soon…

Scooters around here are for those BRAVE riders who wants to train how to fall. With that small tyre and those huge holes in the road, you will be more with your ass on the ground that on the scooter seat.

What you guys think? Can we use the 250 -> 600 -> 1000 tip into Dirt Bikes and Dual Sports Too?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.