Get full riding gear for newbies – spread payments

Home Forums Motorcycle Talk Get full riding gear for newbies – spread payments

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    SuzukiGSXFA
    Participant

I have a couple of questions for riders:

1) Want to see what interest there might be in spreading purchase over 24-36 months for a pre-prepared, package of riding gear: helmet, jacket with spine protector, Kevlar jeans and gloves and protective boots. I’m thinking $20-$30 per month for couple or three years with option to return early. If returned early, I would then inspect, refurbish and circulate into a used gear market.

2) What do you think about wearing a used but inspected and refurbished premium helmet no more than four years old, if the helmet is inspected and certified defect and damage free with new inner lining? Would that be helpful to new riders or are there concerns you would like to share?

I’m thinking of an offer to new riders who need quality safety gear but typically can’t afford the outlay and end up riding without it. Even entry level helmet, jacket, pants, gloves and boots can cost $600-$800 with premium costing even more. I’m thinking a secondary market for used certified gear might help folks reduce the financial pain of getting and staying in riding.

thanks a lot for your input!
    Omar (Suzuki GSXFA)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.