KLR 650 to CBR1000rr

Home Forums Motorcycle Talk KLR 650 to CBR1000rr

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sks1127
    Participant

I’m 41 years old, learned to ride motorcycles when I was a kid then went a while without riding. I’ve gotten back into riding a little over a year ago and haven’t looked back. My current bike is a KLR 650 but I really want to get the CBR1000RR. I can say I’m a very safe and cautious rider. I know the CBR will be quite a bit faster than what I’m used to but will it be too much? I don’t have the luxury of buying smaller bikes to move my way up to the liter bike so whatever I decide on is basically what I’ll have to make due with. I feel like I’d rather have more than I need than to have less than I want. It seems everywhere I read folks online attempt to scare those wanting a liter bike off the idea. I see others saying their first bike was a liter bike and it’s nothing to worry about as long as you take your time. My other concern is the fact I’m 6’4″ and don’t want to feel cramped on a bike that may be too small.

Cycle Cruza I’ve been watching your videos and feel like you have a good grasp on my situation since you ride a dual sport and the supersport. Maybe you could even make a video talking about the differences between the two bikes and what I might be in store for. Personally I don’t think I’ll have an issue as long as I take it easy on the throttle and brakes until I’ve gotten used to the bike. Am I missing something?

WolfR750
    Participant

Hi sks1127,

I know this is late, I just went from a Ninja 650R to a 2012 Suzuki GSX r750.

A 1000cc bike might be too much for you, even for me. So I went in between with the 750. I’d go for that if your looking to go supersport and want something bigger then 600, less then 1000. It’s also great on insurance too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.