Motorcycle trouble.

Home Forums Motorcycle Talk Motorcycle trouble.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gurfison
    Participant

Hey, I’ve recently started riding a few months ago, my first bike being a 97 Honda cbr600 f3. Since I’ve had the bike I’ve put in a new stator, voltage regulator, and a new battery. It’s ran fine until about two weeks ago. I took the left side fairings off and this is where my bike really started to act up. After this, my gauge cluster went completely out, and my bike really started to bog down when you would give it gas, almost like it wanted to die. What could I have done and what can I do to fix it? I’ve made sure all connections were tight and everything was in place. Do you know of any gauge clusters that would work with my make and model of bike that aren’t ridiculously expensive? I’m also from Columbus, Ohio. (Not that it matters much. A friend told me you were from Cleveland,so I thought that was cool.) Thank you very much.

fsteve09
    Participant

Its odd that it would start acting up when you took the left side fairing off. I would suggest looking at the wiring on that side. Look for cuts and/or exposed wires that could be shorted/grounding out. If you have a grounded wire, it will create all kinds of mayhem.

Also, if the bike will run. You can sometimes track down shorts by moving wires around. With the bike running just slightly tug, pull, or move wires around and see if it starts running right, or gets worse.

Hope this helps,
    Stephen

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by fsteve09.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.