New 2014 Yamaha FZ-09!!!

Home Forums Motorcycle Talk New 2014 Yamaha FZ-09!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CycleCruza
    Keymaster

Yamaha’s new 2014 FZ-09 looks like it’s going to be a sick naked bike with a new triple cross plane engine. 848cc and only 414 lbs! Only $7.990 and $1400 less than the Triumph Street Triple 675r. What are you thoughts?

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/649/16383/Motorcycle-Article/2014-Yamaha-FZ-09-First-Look.aspx

eig2um5
    Participant

Lower the center of gravity on that a bit and make it sexier. Still a nice looking bike.n

CycleCruza
    Keymaster

yeah that would make it sexier. Still some good specs on that bike though.

Boz
    Participant

I was also considering the FZ-09 as a second bike, The specs on it are tight, and Ive always loved triples. Also, much like Honda, Yamaha builds a pretty bullet proof bike. Think Im gonna have to take one for a test ride when they hit showroom floors….

Still keepin an eye out for that sick pearl white 600RR!

CycleCruza
    Keymaster

Sounds good Boz!I have a feeling the FZ-09 is going to be tight….

Rita
    Participant

..yeah this FZ-09 isn’t bad. The specs are pretty good, and the price. But not the best looking for a street bike. Has a bit of a supermoto vibe to it? Hmmm. What do you guys think? Would like to take it for a ride anyways, looks nice n flickable though he he:) you never know…

CycleCruza
    Keymaster

Now that you mention a supermoto, yeah it does kind of look like a supermoto, maybe that’s why I’m so attracted to it b/c I like the look of supermotos. Supersports look much prettier but like I said in my last video when you ride the bike all that matters in the riding experience. This fz-09 meets a lot of the stuff I like to on a bike, such as it’s lightness, low end power, reliability, flick-ability and comfort, although I’m not a big fan of an upright seating position but on a bike like this that is expected. The only thing I’m concerned with so far is the electronic throttle, I prefer the old skool throttle cable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.