New Scooter or First Bike ??

Home Forums Off Topic New Scooter or First Bike ??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Onyx
    Participant

I just finished watching your chinese scooter to supersport story… i also commented on your insurance quotes on your considerations… fz09-fz07…

I registered to your site just to ask you for some advice…

Back Story:
    I have a zuma 50F (50cc scooter) i should of got the zuma 125… im in a position where i could purchase the scooter i should of bought from the beginning or my first bike… leaning 2014 ninja 300 cause of the deals on them right now…

anyways.. did you ever miss having your scooter around?

i figure that even if i got my bike and later down the road a 600cc bike, id still want a scooter around to run little errands on, pay some bills, do small shopping or take it to school. My friend says that “i only say that now because i dont have or have been on a real bike yet”…

im also thinking about getting braces for my teeth which is another monthly expense. I have been liking watching my savings account grow because of the few bills i have now… but thats gonna change after the scooter or motorcycle i buy

i can get the new zuma 125 and braces and still save a little bit of cash every month…

i know the scooter is still limited to in town, and the ninja would allow me to go cruising and be used as a back up to the car if something breaks down..

i can get a brand new ninja and braces but save very little if anything every month…

if they take my offers on the scooter or ninja.. the difference in price from the scooter to the ninja is only $140 more.. or $310/mo versus $450/mo… this includes the cost of my braces… on paper for the $140 difference it says get the new ninja..

im one of the few dudes who thinks scooters are cool, simple convenient, easy to ride and carry groceries around… just a little torn between the two…

so my dilemma is..

i can get the scooter i want and then in a year purchase a real bike at a better interest rate… or just bite the bullet and get a brand new ninja right now… struggle and budget for a couple years but have the ninja and my current scooter as my little errand boy…

so…

do you ever miss your scooter, is having a scooter as a back up to your bike even worth it… should i just get a bike cause ill never look back on my scooter

your advice and thoughts are appreciated…

Thanks Onyx

MrTomTastic
    Participant

Hi dude. I see no one has replayed so I thought I would put in my 2 cents worth.

Personally I would have an old carp box car to do the shopping in and use my money to by a bike I love.

Yea scooters are great. But the more things you have in your life the more stress fully it will be. Just get a great bike and enjoy it. Don’t over complicate things.

Good luck.
    would love to know what you decided.

Onyx
    Participant

thanks for the reply, Cyclecruza is to busy being YouTube famous to give a shit about the little guys… so much for remembering his roots…

i went with the scooter…
    the bike plus insurance plus braces and im back to living paycheck to paycheck and im tired of that life…

insurance was $2400/yr for a ninja 300, in two years i’ve of spent the price of a brand new bike on insurance…

sure the scooter is at a disadvantage on those country roads, but its cheap, insurance is cheap, i can get my braces and still save money every month…

in two years i’ll finish college, braces will be off, insurance gets cheaper and ill have even that much more money to get any dream bike i want and then scooter sticks around as a pure fun no thrills monkey bike…

MrTomTastic
    Participant

Sounds like you did the right thing dude. I had no idea insurance would be that much. That’s insane. It cost me about 300 a year for a litre bike in NewZealand.

I am sure Cycle Cruza will be around at some point. He probable busy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.