Home Forums New Member Area Newbie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    eorr
    Participant

My friends call be Eorr and I’m a new rider from the great state of Oklahoma…..I know, hold the applause..lol. I just recently purchased a 2011 Yamaha FZ6R (650) and am waiting for a Motorcycle safety class to come available in my area. I have been doing some driving around the neighborhood getting comfortable with the bike and am so excitedly/nervousness about getting on the open road. I have learned so much already from the Cruza’s video blogs (love his no BS way of approaching the topic)and look forward to learning more from each of you. I’m 43 and NOT looking to impress anyone….just want to ride for fun!

CycleCruza
    Keymaster

Welcome! Congrats on being a new rider! Awesome to hear you took the safety class and practice safe riding. I wish you the best of luck. Stay safe!

Nvenus27
    Participant

I’m kinda in the same boat. I’m 36 but haven’t bought my bike yeat. Taking the riding course in April 2014. My big issue is what bike to buy. I had a 1983 Husqvarna 250wr when I was in high school. Since graduating in 1997 I haven’t ridden since, with the exception of a crazy test run of a guys 2004 yz125 he was selling. I’ve done a lot of research and been to the dealers to sit on bikes. I know what I “should” buy, but it’s not what I really “want”. I should get the Suzuki SV650S, but really want an inline 4. I am not at all impressed with the Vtwin putter putter exhaust sound. However I know that the SV650S will be more forgiving than any ss bike.If Yamaha had done the bars different on the FZ6R I’d look at it. It’s too bad that they didn’t put the FZ6R engine in the YZF125r. I feel more comfortable on bikes with lower clip-ons because being 5’9″ tall with a 6’3″ reach I am upright on (most) 600cc supersport bikes. I feel uncomfortable sitting on bike with higher bars. So I guess this leads me to wondering, what bike is right for me. I live on a quiet country road, in northern Michigan. I’ve been looking at 2007-2008 models and am not brand loyal. I am open to any suggestions for my reintroduction to motorcycling. Is learning relearning on a 08 CBR600RR a bad idea. Oh and the FZ6R is not a 650. It’s a 600cc!

mr1992
    Participant

Hi i am a new rider also by the way im from the philippines and i always watched your videos … Really help me a lot in understanding in all aspects of motorcycling world

AlexBossmanDixon
    Participant

Whats up… ive been riding for a while now and enjoy it. Cyclecruza’s videos have been real helpful and educational. Im taking my Basic Riders Course next weekend.. I say subscribe to Cyclecruza’s channel youll learn a lot and its very helpful

ballislife
    Participant

Does anyone know if an honda nc700x dct abs is a good starter bike?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.