Parents and Motorcycles

Home Forums Motorcycle Talk Parents and Motorcycles

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    600doubleR
    Participant

So I’m 16 and I want a motorcycle. I already have a truck fully paid for. I saved up $7,500 and my grandfather said he would give me $3,000 to help me out so all together I would have 10,500 to spend on a bike I want a Honda CBR 600 RR, but my mom says I’m going to kill myself and she says its super dangerous and ur not going to get one till u move out. I saved $7,500 and she knows this and she still says “I’m not mature enough”. Ive been riding my buddies ninja 300 to get used to riding a sport bike. She has always been over perfective because Ive never had a dad. What I don’t understand is why she can go to bars at night ( while already drunk riding 2 up with her even more drunk boyfriend that is a daredevil). I don’t know wat to do anymore, and I really need help so can somebody help me out.

CycleCruza
    Keymaster

Hey 600doubleR! Awesome to hear you saved up your money for a bike and your car is paid off. You are starting off on the right foot and smart to avoid loans. Stay that way the rest of your life and you will do very well financially. As far as getting a 600rr as your first bike is not recommended. It’s way too powerful for a new rider. Some people do well starting on a supersport motorcycle but most don’t. If you have some dirt-bike experience you might be ok. However, if your mom forbids you getting a motorcycle there is really nothing you can do b/c your mom is the boss of you until 18. See if she will be willing to let you have a smaller bike like a ninja 250r, tell her it’s slower and safer. Hopefully she will let you get one. Best of luck to you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.