Second Chance?

Home Forums Motorcycle Talk Second Chance?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    huddleston
    Participant

I’ve been riding for two years and about 4 weeks ago I purchased a new cbr250r. I always viewed the 250 as a bike to get me comfortable with riding a sportbike as my previous experience was on a cruiser. After a few weeks I can honestly say I feel more comfortable and confident on the cbr. Last Monday a deer hit me while I was commuting to work and totaled my cbr. my question is this – should I go ahead and make the jump to the 600rr now that I know I do like riding a sportbike? I know much of it depends on the rider – I am 28, married with a 4 year old and would consider myself a cautious rider. My commute consists of freeway and twisties so the riding would not be stop light to stop light. I do think I would enjoy the increased acceleration of the 600rr over the 250. I know the 600rr is heavier, more powerful, and has a riding position that is slightly more aggressive. What do you guys think? Buy another 250r or go ahead and make the jump to the 600rr?

You should have no problems In a transition to a 600. Riding within your comfort zone and you should be fine.

CycleCruza
    Keymaster

Get the cbr600rr! I highly recommend getting a 2007 or 2008 honda cbr600rr. Skip the 2009+, Honda reduced the hp a bit starting in 2009 due to emissions bs. Also, they put on an ugly engine cover on the cbr600rr starting in 2009. Best of luck! You’ll love the cbr600rr!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.