Your video saved my life today!!!

Home Forums New Member Area Your video saved my life today!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    scottr721
    Participant

Hello CycleCruza…

I’m a new subscriber to your YouTube channel and have been enjoying your videos for a couple of months. I had an incident while riding today and your videos saved me from having a “F#%Ked-UP” day.

I live in Alaska and was riding my new BMW F800 GS Adventure (I know you’re not a fan of the adventure bikes, but…) and was nearly in a head-on collision with a big ass Chevy Suburban on a two lane highway.

Here the story… I was traveling on this two lane highway following another car at about a distance of approximately 500 feet. I was going about 50 MPH going into this long sweeping curve. A Chevy Suburban was coming in the opposite direction toward me. As the Suburban passed the car ahead of me, it crossed into my lane, heading right at me.

In several of you videos, you “preach” of the advantages of riding just right of center in your lane to give yourself more room and an opportunity to maneuver out of the way for a way-ward car. Basically, more “wiggle room.”

Well, it was SOLID advice because that exactly what I was doing because of your video.

I saw this coming and managed to maneuver onto the shoulder as this big Suburban was completely in my lane as it passed me. I even felt the wind draft as it passed me. Scary, but somehow I was relatively calm and composed. Why, because I had ample time to react because I was riding just right of center in my lane.

The story continues… After recovering from my maneuver, I watched in my mirror as the Suburban spun out of control and ran off the side of the road and into the trees. Boom!!! A giant cloud of dust and some sparks. I turned around and pulled up to the crash. The Suburban had hit a bunch of big pine trees. The Suburban was smoking and was badly damaged. Fortunately, the two occupants were okay. The passenger had some cuts from the broken glass, but both were shaken up and uninjured. Several cars stopped and 911 was called.

I spoke to the teenaged driver who said she never saw me when I told her she almost hit me head-on and ran me off the road. She later admitted to be texting and driving. The police and fire departments came and I gave them a statement. I so happy that nobody was seriously hurt or killed, especially me.

Thank you, CycleCruza!!! You videos are entertaining, but certainly has had an big impact on my riding. Like you, I’m a huge fan of Hi-Vis riding gear, but in this case I don’t think it mattered. I’m most certainly alive to write this because of your videos and what you do.

You SAVED my ass from having a F#%Ked-UP day. Keep up the amazing great work!!!

Sincerely,

Your biggest fan in Alaska, Scott

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.